This quick, easy and super protein-packed “Banana Chia Seeds Rolled Oatmeal” is a healthy oatmeal recipe that is a great daily breakfast option that is nice to your gut and also very nice to your wallet.
Healthy Oatmeal Recipe for OneCourse: American RecipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This healthy oatmeal recipe is for 1 person, yes. You! If you are making this for other people, just double the recipe.
- Boil together in a small pot
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Almond Milk
1 Banana (sliced or mashed)
Dash of Vanilla Bean Paste
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Honey
- Add on top of your oatmeal (optional)
Dash of Pure Maple Syrup
1 TBSP Chia Seeds
1/2 TBSP Almond Butter
- Take your smallest pot that you have and add the rolled oats and plant-based milk of your choosing (mine is Almond Milk).
- Mash or slice up one banana and add it to the pot.
- Then add your seasoning of vanilla bean paste, cinnamon and honey.
- Boil until you are happy with the consistency (some folks like it watery, some others like it thick).
- Transfer to a bowl and add your protein toppings of chia seeds and almond butter. Also, totally optional, but to make it a bit sweeter, a small dash of pure maple syrup from Massachusetts, Vermont, or Canada does the trick.
- If you want more fruits, add some more on top of your finished oatmeal. I like to add fresh berries (strawberry, blackberry, blueberries).
- The chia seeds and almond butter are packed with protein. If I am lazy, I’ll only add the chia seeds. If I’m really good that morning, I’ll add some almond butter, too.
- If you don’t have vanilla bean paste that you can get in a small jar at your local grocery store, you can always use vanilla extract instead.
- The pure maple syrup I use in my oatmeal is from Massachusetts.